Revised membership system has been installed and everyone’s happy with how we’re working with the vendors. General support work taking a lot of time, but that’s to be expected.
Major downer was accidentally deleting about a week’s worth of data for one of the team – trying to do too many things at once and I didn’t make a backup before I started bringing his laptop over to our domain. One stupid mistake and whoops :(
Started the documentation project to ensure that information about how the network is configured and maintained is written down (incase I go under a bus, etc).
Also started working on a new Linux file server that’ll be using SAMBA. I’m recycling one of the really old NT servers that’s really not much better than a workstation but I’ve shoved more RAM in it. It’s still less powerful than the latest workstations we’re buying but there’s no budget for new gear and we need to split the file/print services and Domain Management off the main server (it needs all it’s power for data only).